Top Ten New Traveler Tips
- Prior to leaving home, call and reconfirm your airline or check the web site for flight arrival/departure information.
- Minimize carry-on luggage OR be prepared to have them searched and suspicious items confiscated (nail files, scissors/clippers, fruit knives or Swiss Army knives, etc.). Please make sure luggage is clearly tagged with your name and telephone contact information. If on a cruise, have your cruise line baggage tag attached.
- Make sure necessary medical items are with you rather than in checked luggage. Keep all items in their original packaging with labels.
- Necessary passport and other travel identification is up to date and on your person, not checked.
- Purchase trip/vacation interruption/cancellation insurance. It is worth the nominal investment.
- Lower the stress level of "getting to the airport or ship on time" by arranging a pre cruise package or allowing ample time to arrive at the appointed airport.
- Expect delays and longer lines--and be pleasantly surprised if they are not that bad.
- Be patient--once onboard your airplane, be cooperative and friendly with the airline staff.
- A friendly introduction to those sitting near you will make everyone feel more comfortable.
- Relax and enjoy your vacation.
Thank you for exercising your freedom to travel.
© MWT Associates, Inc. All Rights Reserved.